Real Time Video Encoder (RTVE)
The Simian Real Time Video Encoder is an automated, video encoding app that leverages the power of the desktop to create web-friendly video with lightning fast upload.
Minimum System Requirements:
• OSX Mountain Lion and higher
• Window 7 or higher
File Types supported:
• Most video formats
• JPG .GIF, .PNG, .MP3, .PDF
Uploading Files to Simian
- Launch the RTVE. If the RTVE has not been installed, download it from the links above.
- Enter the required login information:
- Account specific Simian URL (http://companyName.gosimian.com)
- Choose an Upload location in either the Media Library or Projects.
- Change the Video Aspect Ratio from the dropdown located to the right of the video title in the Upload Media Files section.
- Select Upload Files to encode/upload. (A progress bar will appear.)
Note: Encoding queues of 25 videos or less is recommended for best performance.
Note: Checking Preserve Original will create an encoded, playable proxy file, however, the original file will uploaded and available by download.
Encoding to Desktop
- Drag & Drop all files to be encoded into the RTVE2.
- Once complete, select Show in Finder to locate the encoded files.
Note: By default, encoded files are saved to “Users > [Coputer Name] > Simian RTVE Output. To change the save destination, click Save To and select a different folder.